HomeGeneral

General StudioLine topics

Annotate within Studioline? 

Bill Doyle
Bill Doyle

11/11/2018
Bill Doyle
Bill Doyle
Hi Andy: I am getting a Lenovo Yoga tablet/laptop with touchscreen. Currently I load all of my photos directly into Studioline for organizing and editing. I often need to annotate photos. To do this I export a photo in desired resolution to a folder, then import from an annotation application... cumbersome.

Is there a way to use my touchscreen-digipen within Studioline for simple annotation? (text, arrows, clouds) It would be so much easier when I have multiple images to annotate. -OR- Do you have a tutorial for a more efficient way to export/annotate multiple images?
0 link
Andy Schmidt
Andy Schmidt
Administrator

11/11/2018
Andy Schmidt
Andy Schmidt
Administrator
Hi Bill,

if by "annotate" you mean add captions, titles, descriptions - then yes, you can do that with StudioLine using input devices that are interpreted as text by Windows. StudioLine does have two different ways how any of the text fields (even in combination) could be superimposed onto an output picture, if that's what you would like to happen.

If by "annotate" you mean marking up the picture itself, by drawing directly onto it, then "No", StudioLine does not have a bitmap editing/drawing app.

However, StudioLine CAN interface directly with external applications (such as drawing applications). You can create "program shortcuts", so that you can launch third party applications directly from a chosen photo inside StudioLine, and have the updated photo saved back directly into the image archive. Maybe that is the process you are looking for:
http://help.studioline.net/classic/image_editing
scroll down to chapter on "Editing with Third-Party Applications".

(Basically, right-click on the image in the StudioLine image archive, choose "Open With" and there will be options to create shortcuts to your favorite external third party applications).

Best Regards,
Andy
0 link
Andy Schmidt
Andy Schmidt
Administrator

11/12/2018
Andy Schmidt
Andy Schmidt
Administrator
Bill Doyle wrote:
I often need to annotate photos. To do this I export a photo in desired resolution to a folder, then import from an annotation application... cumbersome.

PS - it might be helpful if you sent me (privately) a series of annotated ("after") pictures, that is representative for a typical batch of work you commonly do. This way, we can better understand what the end-result is supposed to look like and whether a shortcut to your external application is the best way to go, or whether this can be accomplished with watermarks, collages or other built-in StudioLine features.

If you like, you can avoid email limitations of picture sizes/volume by using our free:
https://MediaCenter.email
0 link