General StudioLine topics

AUTOMATION - Rename - Advanced 

Wayne Hewitt
Wayne Hewitt

1/14/2016
Wayne Hewitt
Wayne Hewitt
Photo Classic 4

I am growing tired of re specifying the rename format each time I import more photos.

I don't see any 'help' on this and so far have discovered no way to set a default automated 'advanced' format.

Am I missing something?

As an aside, also wondering why this feature could not use the scripting tools/terms used to label photos on export
edited by wdhewitt on 1/14/2016
edited by wdhewitt on 1/14/2016
0 link
Andy Schmidt
Andy Schmidt
Administrator

1/14/2016
Andy Schmidt
Andy Schmidt
Administrator
Dear Wayne,

thanks for your feedback on StudioLine's Load Assistant. I understand that you are looking for that screen to (at minimum) retain the most recently used options (or, possibly allow for different settings to be saved, similar to the Export features).

We will discuss this internally - and also review the terminology used in the Export screen vs. the Load Assistant for consistency.

Best Regards,
Andy

edited by Andy Schmidt on 1/14/2016
edited by Andy Schmidt on 1/14/2016
0 link
Wayne Hewitt
Wayne Hewitt

1/14/2016
Wayne Hewitt
Wayne Hewitt
It would be great if the type of text manipulation that you can specify for a text overlay on export could be done during import. Perhaps it could be done by simply adding some of the variables used in renaming to a general pool of variables that could be called for various uses. I am travelling so have not been able to flesh this out much.
0 link
Andy Schmidt
Andy Schmidt
Administrator

1/15/2016
Andy Schmidt
Andy Schmidt
Administrator
We will definitely look into preserving the advanced settings for a particular input device, which was your original suggestion.

Wayne Hewitt wrote:
It would be great if the type of text manipulation that you can specify for a text overlay on export could be done during import.

When you get back from your travels, please get back to me and walk me through a specific "text manipulation" example of what you are trying to accomplish with the Load Assistant, that currently you can't accomplish with the current prefix/suffix drop down list.

I've looked at the Export and the Import and I thought that the Load Assistant would be much more usable/intuitive for most photographers (not all of whom would be comfortable with "codes" and "variables".
0 link